Friday, January 20, 2012

First Impression


I was standing at the bus stop. I was waiting for the bus. I was already late. I have to go for an interview in a company. At once a man came and stood beside me. He was wearing two piece suite. His condition was not showing him a bus traveler. So, bus came and all the people who were waiting moved quickly to the bus. I and that suited man were in the end. He also rod on the bus, but I was still outside. Bus started, he gave me his hand. I did not think anything and caught his hand. He lifted me in the bus. People around us were looking us. Then I thought, I had caught his hand. I left his hand with a jerk.

I was standing, he was at my back. He touched with his hand on my back. I turned and looked at him, he was smiling. I did not say and thought by chance his hand touched me. After a while, he again touched my waste. I turned and gave a slap on his face. He also raised his hand to slap me but he stopped. I said, don’t you know to respect females. He said, I respected you and you gave me a slap. Oh yes; thank you, I caught your hand and now you can touch me anywhere. He said, what rubbish, I did not touched you. He was not ready to confess. Then I asked to other passengers they also insulted him. He said to me, I helped you and insulted me. You are really a cheap and kindness forgotten girl. Bus stopped on a stop and he got down.
Then bus started to move forward.

Now bus stopped on my stop. I got down step forward to the office building. I was much confused because I was late and also confused about the interview. As entered in the door, I man stroked with me. When I saw, he was the same man who was quarreling with me in the bus. I shouted at him, you are chasing me and now you reached there. He said, I am not ready to listen idle talk of you, because of you I have already late. I said to him, not because of you I have late. He did not reply and went away; I also moved towards the waiting room. Many other candidates were sitting there. I asked one of them, is interview going on? He said to me, it is not started yet. I took a breath of relief.

The interview started. One by one candidates went in with fresh faces and came out wit dull face. I was so much confused what will happen with me? My turn was at end, all the candidates’ have gone. Servant came and said, miss now your turn. I thought, of course my turn because there was nobody except me. I felt little in confidence; I took a long breath and entered in the room. I saw the back of the chair. The face of the man was on other side. He asked me to sit and asked for my document. I gave him my file and sat on the chair. He said, so your name is Miss Faria and turned his chair. As I saw him, I stood up at once. He was the same man. He said to me to sit down. I was still standing. He said to me again to sit. I sat on the chair.

He checked my file and asked some general questions. Then he said to me, you can go now. I picked my document and came out of the room.
When I came back at home, I was so upset. I have decided, this job is not for me. My mother asked me about the interview. I told her about the today incident. My mother also became upset but satisfied me and said, If that job is in your luck then no body can do anything, you will get it.

Next morning I started to search for the new vacancy in the newspaper. At the same somebody knocked at the main door. My mother opened the door. A man gave him an envelope. She gave it to me. It was the appointment letter of my job. I was so excited but also confuse. My mother was also so happy.

I went to the office. As I entered in the door, the receptionist called me and said M.D sir is waiting for you. I asked her the name of the M.D, she replied, his name is sir Hammad. So, I moved forward to his cabin. I knocked at the door. He said, please come in Miss Faria. I was confused, how he recognized me? He said to me to sit. I sat on the chair. He was busy in reading a file. he said to me, you are appointed on the post of my personal assistant, he rose his head and looked at me. At once my heart beat became fast. I put down my eyes. He said Miss Nida will tell you all about your work. You will learn with deep attention. He said, Miss Faria there is no capability for a mistake. Now you can go on your seat and started you work.

I came to my seat. Miss Nida made me understand everything with love and sincerity. Therefore I learned all the tasks very soon and easily.

After passing few days, sir Hammad called me in his cabin and said I am happy with you. You are doing your job very good. Now you will not be over confident. Do your work with same devotion. I promised him I will do my job with sincerity and devotion. He smiled and said to me to go.

Gradually I forgot the bus incident. He also forgot that. Now he started to behave with me like friends. I did not know; when I was fell in love with him. Often I lost in his thoughts, but I did not forget my duty.

One day he came at my home with his mother. I was so much confused to see them there. After a while his mother declared the reason of their arrival. She asked my mother to give my hand for his son. I was surprised. My mother said, it is good fortune of my daughter to be the daughter in law of you. It the good fortune of me that Hammad will be the son in law of me. My mother asked me about Hammad, I was already loved him, I accepted him. Then our marriage had decided and soon we got married.

At our marriage night, Hammad told me that he did not touch me in the bus. But she did not give him a chance to tell the truth. Then he told, he loved me from that day, when I slapped him. He decided to marry with me. He said, your beauty did not impress me. But your courage and your slap on my face impressed me more. Your first impression forced me to think about you. I loved you from that moment. But I did not express my feelings ever. I wanted to give you a surprise

Now I am very happy because Hammad is my life partner. He is a sensible person. He did not take my behavior in negative side. If he took my attitude on wrong side, he will punish me for my slap and will make my life ruin. But Hammad filled my life with happiness and joys.

1 comment:

  1. what a lovable story.,.,like it much.,.,.:-( TRUELOVE

    ReplyDelete