Monday, February 6, 2012

Search for Love


I came from my village to the city in search of job. I was F.A. I could not find any job. My uncle was doing a job of guard in a bungalow. He offered me to do a job there as a driver. I accepted his offer. He called me there.

When I reached at the bungalow.he took me to the owner of the house. He asked about my education. Then he said, can I trust you? I said, yes sir you can trust me. I will never break your trust. He appointed me as a driver. My duty was to pick and drop his daughter to university.

Daily I dropped her at university and also picked her. When she went to university, she had covered her face with veil. I had never seen her face. I had no courage to look at her. As came out of the house, I had put down my eyes. On the way of college, I had never talked to her. I was known i am her servant and she is my owner. It was my duty to respect her.

One day she started to talk with me. I felt hesitation. She said to me, I want to know about you because you are my personal driver. Dad had appointed you only for me. She asked me about my education, my village and about my family. I told her, I am FA; my village is far away of the city. I had a younger sister and father mother in my family. She asked me, do your parents love you. I said, yes they love me so much and I also love them. She said, I am amazed that your parents love you. I asked her, do your parents not love you. She said, it is my personal matter. Then I did not ask her anything. She asked me, did you have interest in poetry? I said I have great interest in poetry; I also have many poetry books. She said, I will come to get a book of poetry. I said, yes of course. We reached at university. She went out of the car, she bend on the front window mirror and said good bye to me. I did not reply and started the car.

Next day she came out of the house. I opened the door of the car for her. She said thanks. I was surprised at her behavior. As she sat in the car, she took down her veil. My eyes fixed on her face. She was so beautiful and pretty. I was just looking at her. She knocked at the mirror of the window. Then I closed the back door. I sat on my seat and started the car. On the way I saw her in the back mirror seen mirror. She was silent today. She did not talk with me. At reaching university, she opened the door and went out. To day she did not say good bye.

I came back but I was lost in her beauty. She over covered my mind and heart. I was waiting for the time of her coming impatiently. I reached at university before time. I was standing out of the car. She was coming towards the car and I was just looking at her. She was smiling and talking with her friend. as she came close the car, her friend said good bye. She looked at me and said, why are you standing out of the car today? I did not say anything and opened the door for her. She smiled and sat on the seat. I closed the door. Sat on my seat and started the car.

When, we reached at home. Her mother was sitting in the lawn. She saw Sana without veil. She asked Sana, why she took down her veil. Sana did not reply her and went in to the house. I was standing there. Her mother looked at me and shouted at me, why you are standing there. I went to my quarter.

In the evening I was laying on the bed. I closed my eyes and her face was in front of me. At once I opened my eyes. She was standing at the door of my room. I stood up and asked her, why she came there. She gave me order and I will present in front of her. She said, I am coming there to get a book of poetry what you like much. I gave her my favorite poetry book. When she saw the book, she said, it is my favorite book. I asked her, you may keep her forever. She smiled and said, now I am going if mother know that she will shouted at me.

Days were passing. We became friends. She shared with me her every problem and also happiness. I liked her in my heart but I can not express her because she was the daughter of rich man. I was their servant. I was happy to see her. She talked to me, smiled at my jokes.
One day I was standing out side in her wait. At once I heard the voice of her mother. She was shouting at Sana. Sana opened the door of house and came out quickly. Her mother was at her back and was saying. If you have any shame then you will not come back to house. I was much surprised to see that. Sana replied, I will fulfill you desire soon. She opened the door of the car and sat on the seat. She ordered to go. I started the car. On the way she asked me to stop on a coffee shop. She came out of the car and said to me to come out. I locked the car and we entered into the coffee shop. We sat on the chairs, she ordered for two cup of coffee.

I asked her, why she bring me there? She said, I want to say something to you. I want to marry you Hassan. I can not live here among these fake personalities. My life destroyed after my mother. I said, after your mother mean? She said, your madam is my step mother. My real mother had dead in my childhood. My father got married with that cruel lady. She did not take me as her daughter. I always endure her misbehavior but now I have no more power to endure her. I like you Hassan; I want to go with you to your village. Where, I will live a free life. Where people love me and did not look at me with hate. She was saying and also crying. I could not say something.

I was just listening her. She asked me, do you like me or not. I became surprised at her question. She asked again. Then I replied, yes I like you but……… she said, don’t say anything. Will you take me to your village? I said, I need some time to think about it. She said, I give you just two days. If you will refuse me then I will go with any other boy of my university. I am a beautiful girl. Any one will ready to take me any where. I was silent. She did not take the coffee and stood up. I also stood up and came out of the coffee shop.

All the night I thought about her. She was so nice girl. If I will refuse her, she will adopt a wrong way, it will very bad for you. I could not understand what I have to do? I could not sleep whole night.

In the morning, I was waiting for her. She came out and said, I will not go the university today. She came near to me and said, you have only one day. Then I will go with any other boy. She turned and went into the house. I was still standing there. I thought, if I take her with me, I will break the trust of my owner. If I refuse her, she will destroy her life. It was most important for me to save her because I love her so much. I decided to take her to my village.

Next morning, I was cleaning the car. She was sitting in the lawn. I felt her eyes were fixed on me. When I had completed my work, I said to her, I had decided. She asked me, what is your decision? I said, I am ready to take you to my village. She became so happy. She said, in the evening we will go but I will not bring any thing from my house. I hate with every thing of that house. I said to her, we do not need of anything.

In the evening she said me to bring out the car. I brought out it and she sat in. we reached at the station. Left the car there and took the ticket for my village. Train had come. We sat in the train. After the journey of night we reached at village. I took her to my home. My parents were so much confused to see her. they became angry with me. They thought I had got married without them.

I told them all about Sana. They were not ready to agree but Sana told them, she had come there in search of love and ease. She promised my parents, she will never give them any pain or sorrow in life. My parents understood her. They accepted her as their daughter in law.

After three days, we got married. We all were very happy. I did not think about her parents. If they came behind us then, what will I do?

One day, her parents came at our house with police. They were reached there by my uncle. They blamed at me I had kidnapped their daughter. But Sana said to the police officer, it is wrong. I had come there with my own desire, he did not kidnap me. Her father said, you have insulted me in the society. I can not face the people. My daughter, you have to go back with me.

Sana replied him; no I am very happy there. I will not go back. Now I am his wife and without his permission I can not go any where. I also have no desire to go back. I am so happy here. It is good for you to go back. You just think I have dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment