Saturday, February 18, 2012

Another World


Many years ago, i knew such a girl who played in the park whole day. there were many trees in the park, i knew a little of those. after spending the whole day in library when i came back, she was seen in the center of the trees. until many days we were not addressed to each other. i was stayed there in jurisdiction of London for some days.

I was changed the place in search of a cheap house.those were days of very poverty. i thought that girl was also so poor. she had worn a half stitch sweater and had worn a ear cap of red color. her hair were always out of her cap. she had very black and curly hairs. they spread around her innocent face. those were the last days of October. when the spring season was set in. therefore her nose and ears were became red. the starting days of winter were very hard more than real winter season. it is fact that i came to library to escape from cold. in those days my room was become frozen. before sleeping in night i worn my all the sweaters, socks and covered my blanket with my over coat and chaster. but the cold did not decrease.

In the morning, i became ready and went to library . i don’t know how many people came there and were stood out of the library in a row. more were old men. who were gotten their pension very rare. but they felt much cold. they were sat with open books and after a while, i saw all the people around me were sleeping. no one stopped them. after half hour a library servant came there and closed all the opened books. he stopped those people whose snoring was disturbing others. in a noon i was sitting in the library.i was seeing her from the window of the library.

She had put her bag on the bench and she was hidden behind the trees. sun was not shining that day. i was surprised, she is playing alone outside in much cold.i had eruption to know, which is the game that children play in loneliness.

She came in park in noon, put her bag on the the bench and hid herself behind the trees. i saw her again and again. At 5pm the hospital bell rung, as she listened the bell she came there and sat on the bench and put her bag in her lap. she was sitting silently, until a woman was seen to come there. i cold not saw the face of that woman ever. she was always dressed in white uniform of nurse. as she reached towards the bench,little girl ran towards her and stopped her there. they both turned towards the gate and i was seeing them until they disappeared from my eyes . i saw everything like the hero of Hickok. this would continue in the winter season if the season was not changed at once.

One night i felt much hot in my room. my body was perspired. i opened the window. there were no frost and no fog. sky was clear and the stars were shining. i felt i was not living in foreign country but i am at the roof of my house.

It was an opened day. sun was shining. i could not stay in library for much time.in the noon i came out of the library and reached at the restaurant, where i was taken lunch daily.it was a cheap Jew restaurant, i came out of the restaurant,i did not want to go back to library.

After a long period, i had gotten some letters and news papers from my home, i wanted to read those letter in the park, i became surprised to see the flowers. those were very small. perhaps Jesus Christ had said about those flower, “lilies of the field”.those flowers do not think about coming days. they were reminded the passed summer.

I began to walk among the grass and flowers.i felt very glad to walk on the grass. i became free from the worries of coming days and felt myself light. i was walking on the grass with bare feet. as i reached near that bench, i heard a shriek from my back. she was running rapidly and coming towards me . i turned and saw she was same girl.she had come out behind the trees.she stopped me and said, you are caught. she said and laughed. you can not go now. i did not understand, i was still stood there.

She said again, you are caught. you are standing on my earth. i looked around. there were flowers on the grass.there were empty benches and three fresh green trees were standing in the center of the park. i said, i did not know? i turned to go. no no , you can not go girl said. she was stood in front of me.her eyes were shining. they will not let you go. who will not let me go, i asked her. she appointed to wards the trees. they were looking like real soldiers. i was still standing for a while and we were looking each other silently.

Her eyes were still fixed at me. when she understood, i will not run she became soft. she asked to me,do you want to be free? how, i looked at her. you should give them food. they are hungry from many days. she was saying about trees. i said, i have no food.she said it not difficult to bring food. they eat flowers and leaves. so i collected some flowers and leaves. she said, now you can give them food. i asked her, will the let me go now? she smiled and her teeth were quite white and shining. then i spread all the leaves near the trees. i was free now i brought out the letters and newspaper and sat on the bench, her bag was there. her bag was full of books and half eaten apple was in its pocket.at once she was disappeared. i looked all around, her frock was seen in the bunches. she was sitting silently like a rabbit.

To catch many passengers like me.when the wind blew, leaves were danced and she started to run after them. i wan sat on the bench. she came there and sat on the bench. she started to eat apple.i was reading my letter. she asked to me , are those your? yes mine.and this, she asked about a ticket on which a picture of elephant was there.i asked her, did you go to Zoo ever? she replied, yes one time with my papa. he gave me coin and an elephant took it with his trunk.

I asked her, did you not afraid? no, she said and was eating apple.
hospital bell rang.she took her bag and stood near the trees. she was saying something to them. after that she came to me and handshake with me. her mother was come and she went with her. i also collected my letters and came in library.

I was in park, who is some one was calling me. i did not stop. whenever man called himself. but it was different voice.i turned and saw that girl was moving her hand. i thought, was i again catch?
her mother was also with her.they both were laughing.

She started to play. she felt there is some one and she was talking with them. she requested me to be the part of her game. i accepted her request. she was so innocent and charming. she talked with me and just listened her. in the evening she came there and took her to home. i was still seating there. i was thinking about her. why i like her so much? her innocent face attracted me much. her innocent conducts force me to play with her. she was just nine years old. but in her eyes i saw deep thoughts.

Now it became my daily routine to come there and played with her.i had no work in those days. daily i came in the park and met her. one day her mother invited me at her home. i accepted her invitation and reached at their home. little girl Greeta was surprised to see me there. her mother prepared many eating things for me. i was happy because the money of dinner time was saved. Greeta said to me, she wants to show her room to me. i went with her. Her room was so strange. all the walls were in green colors and painted with different pictures of different animals.i said, i liked your room so much.

She became happy and run out of the house. then i sat there and started to talk with her mother. i asked her about greeta’s father. she said,he had expired before three years. greeta did not accept his death and she is still waiting for him. she went to that garden in search of his father. because she went there daily with her dad. i tried to understand her but she is not ready to accept that.i think she is need a such friend who help her to understand the reality.

I thought i will help her. so i went to the park daily and played with her. soon she became much frank with me and i also felt happiness with her. i felt she had created her own world. whenever i came there, i forgot my all worries. her innocent talks and questions made me so glad.

After many days i went to the park. but Greeta was not there. i waited for her whole day but she did not come. in the evening i saw her mother was coming. i asked her about greeta. she was so sad and start crying. then she told, greeta had dead. because i had not come to meet her. first the grief of her father death made her a patient and now she was much attached with me.

But i did not meet her. she became ill and did not endure my absence. i felt very sad. i told her mother that i had got a very good job and i wanted to give greeta a surprise. she did not give me any answer and went away. it was very sad for me. i had lost a beautiful companion of my other world. because in her company i always found myself in the world of happiness and calm. i had lost her and also the world of happiness. i was sitting alone on the bench.i was remembering her talk and conducts which made me happy. my eyes were filled with tears. suddenly peon said, it is time dear. i was still there. then he said again it is closing time. then i stood up and came out of the park. after that day i did not go there. her remembrance is still alive in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment